CSEM CENTRE SUISSE D’ELECTRONIQUE ET DE MICROTECHNIQUE SA
CSEM is a private nonprofit Swiss organization for research and innovation. Supported by the Swiss Confederation, our mission is to enhance the competitiveness of industry by developing new technology platforms and transferring it to the industrial sector.
Our operation is based on five strategic programs:
- Microsystems (Design & process Integration & packaging)
- Systems (Scientific instrumentation, Medical device technology, Automation)
- Photovoltaics & Energy Management (Crystalline Silicon & metallization , Modules & System integration, Thin film coating & devices, Printable photovoltaics, Energy Management)
- Ultra-Low-Power Integrated Systems (System-on-chips, Wireless, Vision)
- Surface Engineering (Nanotechnology, biotechnology, printable electronics)
CSEM plays a key role in the innovation value chain, by narrowing the gap between fundamental research and industrialization. By expanding CSEM’s knowledge and adapting it to industrial needs, new products are brought to market and new ventures are created. CSEM works with a wide range of stakeholders, from startups to SMEs and large organizations.
Our services include contract R&D, strategy and innovation consultancy, development of specific business solutions for several Industrial Sectors (Space & Scientific Instrumentation, Watchmaking, Health & Lifestyle, Communication & Semiconductor, Energy & Environment, Automation & Control, Aeronautics, Transport & Security).
- Founded in 1984;
- CHF 83 million in revenues (2014);
- More than 450 employees in Switzerland;
- 249 industrial clients and 400 industrial projects (2014) worldwide;
- Headquartered in Neuchâtel, centers across Switzerland: Alpnach, Muttenz, Landquart and Zurich.